This qualification is aimed at the learner who wants to pursue a career in the health and fitness industry as a fitness instructor in the context of exercise to music. You will be able to work in fitness centres and health clubs as well as community centres and church halls. If you love music and fitness this is an ideal career for you!
Learners will cover:
- Anatomy and physiology including:
- the heart and circulatory system
- the respiratory system
- structure and function of the skeleton
- musculoskeletal system
- postural and core stability
- the nervous and energy systems and their relation to exercise
- How to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
- How to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating
- How to communicate with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
- The skills and knowledge required to plan and prepare a group exercise to music session with apparently healthy adults - both individuals and groups. This may include young people in the 14-16 age range, provided they are part of a larger adult group. Client groups also covered are older adults, ante and postnatal clients and disabled clients provided the relevant contraindications and key safety guidelines are observed
- Level of entry onto REPS: Level 2
The course consists of face-to-face learning, (4 day practical), and distance learning, (theory learning is completed from home with Tutor support via email). There is also a practical assessment which is to be completed within 4 weeks of the practical days.
- multiple choice theory paper/eAssessment
- practical examination
- YMCA Awards Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Group Exercise to Music)
£599 for the full Level 2 Certificate. Please note you will be required to book and pay in full at least two weeks before the course start date.
You can add a Level 1 Vibe Concepts course for just £150 each if you book them with your ETM, (normal price for Vibe Concepts courses are £200. Please note this offer does not include Vibe Cycle).