Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing - Exercise and Physical Activity For Children
This qualification is aimed at the learner who wants to pursue a career in the health and fitness industry as a fitness instructor in the context of exercise and physical activity for children or at those already running such sessions without a formal qualification.
Learners will cover:
- anatomy and physiology including:
– the heart and circulatory system
– the respiratory system
– structure and function of the skeleton
– musculoskeletal system
– postural and core stability
– the nervous and energy systems and their relation to exercise
- how to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
- how to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating
- how to communicate with clients effectively and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
the skills and knowledge required to plan and deliver structured health related exercise and physical activity for apparently healthy children in the 5-15 age range, inclusive
Allows learners entry to REPs at Level 2
REPs CPD points: 20
Learners must be over 16.
To do the full Level 2 qualification there are no pre-requisites.
If you are already a qualified Level 2 Fitness Instructor you may be exempt from the Mandatory Units and will only need to attend the practical days and send in the DVD assessment. You can therefore apply to qualify at a reduced price, to find out more please email us.
The course consists of face-to-face learning, (1 day practical), and distance learning, (theory learning is completed from home with Tutor support via email). There is also a practical assessment which is to be sent in by DVD within 6 weeks after the practical day.
multiple choice theory paper
YMCA Awards Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Exercise and Physical Activity For Children)
£330 if you are an existing Level 2 Instructor and are exempt from the Mandatory Units (please email us to apply). You will be required to book and pay in full at least one month before the course start date. If you require payment options and/or book less than one month before the course start date the price is £365
£550 for the full Level 2 Certificate. You will be required to book and pay in full at least one month before the course start date. If you require payment options and/or book less than one month before the course start date the price is £585
To read testimonials, click here