Date(s) - 11/01/2021 - 15/03/2021
12:00 am - 11:59 pm
This qualification is aimed at the learner who wants to pursue a career in the health and fitness industry as a fitness instructor in the context of exercise to music. You will be able to work in fitness centres and health clubs as well as community centres and church halls. If you love music and fitness this is an ideal career for you!
Learners will cover:
- Anatomy and physiology including:
– the heart and circulatory system
– the respiratory system
– structure and function of the skeleton
– musculoskeletal system
– postural and core stability
– the nervous and energy systems and their relation to exercise
- How to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
- How to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating
- How to communicate with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
- The skills and knowledge required to plan and prepare a group exercise to music session with apparently healthy adults – both individuals and groups. This may include young people in the 14-16 age range, provided they are part of a larger adult group. Client groups also covered are older adults, ante and postnatal clients and disabled clients provided the relevant contraindications and key safety guidelines are observed
- Level of entry onto REPS: Level 2
The course consists of 4 days practical learning, with theory learning to be completed from home. You will have Tutor support via email. There is also a live practical assessment day.
- multiple choice theory paper/eAssessment
- practical examination
- YMCA Awards Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Group Exercise to Music)
£599 for the full Level 2 Certificate. There is an option to spread your payments over 5 months for a fee of £35.
SPECIAL OFFER – You can add a Vibe Concepts course for half price.
Practical days (12pm-6pm) TBC
Assessment day TBC
Theory exam day TBC
Places on this course are limited.
Please make sure you are able to attend all the practical and assessment dates.
Please read Vibe Instructor Training Terms and Conditions before booking any Vibe Course.
To book this course and receive an application form with payment details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Read our VIBE ETM TESTIMONIES;
“I can’t thank the Vibe Exercise to Music team enough. Catherine and Olivia were very helpful and have a fantastic wealth of knowledge and experience! I would recommend the Exercise to Music Course through Vibe. I was made to feel very welcome and the tutors went above and beyond my expectations.” Clare Jordan
“Studying my ETM with the Vibe qualified tutors was a smooth and informative process. For me personally learning, I like to theorize then carry out practically and that is just how this course is carried out. We were provided with a learning structure and timetable that was more that manageable. The qualifier’s knowledge and personal support was second to one. There was passion and care throughout all of the learning and thanks to this I was passed with the knowledge skills and confidence to take my own classes” Laura McDyer
“I was warned that this would be tough and it was – I had to get my learning head on! However, I met a lovely group of people that were so supportive and made the process so much fun. The knowledge Catherine, Mary and Olivia have is incredible; ask as many questions as you can, prepare to eat, sleep, live ETM and remember to count to 32! I am so pleased that I’ve achieved my ETM and am excited to learn new concepts to take to my Vibe clients. ETM has opened up so many avenues and given me more confidence. Good luck”! Caite Antrobus
” The qualification requires alot of hard work especially if you have never taken this kind of course before and even though I have two left feet and a total lack or coordination I was successfully and patiently coached to achieve a positive result. There is plenty of support and help at hand and you are encouraged, motivated and mentored all the way through the course programme and beyond. I would definitely recommend the course, I have learnt so much in the short time I have been instructing and have gained so much valuable experience from all the incredibly passionate, knowledgeable and professional people that were involved. This course definitely unlocks your potential and provides you with all the tools you need to become an fitness instructor, im definitely looking forward to taking more vibe courses in the very near future”. Tim Sargent
“ETM is not like any other course I’ve done, it’s tough, fast and fun, am I pleased to be done?! Yes, such a great feeling! Thank you to all the Vibers for making this Zumbarista feel welcome and for giving me the support I needed to smash it!” Scott Aldridge
“If you are looking to further your education into the fitness industry I would highly recommend doing your ETM as most gyms and clubs require this to teach in their clubs. For me personally after a lot of research I’m glad I did mine through VIBE as all the paperwork and practical sessions where all planned out and easy to follow. The help and support you get is second to none.” Lee Hemming
To book this course and receive an application form with payment details please email us